Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Google Maps


I was very surprised with how much Google Maps was capable of doing. It was a very easy program to understand and creating our own tour was quicker than I had imagined. I liked being able to choose my own tour, as opposed to doing something education related.  Choosing types of food I like was very easy to relate to, and made me very hungry!

It really is amazing how many subjects we can use math for! In history, you can use it for population immigration within a specific time period.  In math, you can find the distance between 2 cities. For health, one can map out a walk or run for mileage.  

Google map is a great tool that I am definitely showing my parents when I see them next.

One thing I thought was creepy about the program was that I could see my house from the street. It even had our car in the parking lot! This really sketched me out. I feel like if the program fell into the wrong hands, much bad could be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment