Monday, April 9, 2012

Future?

Although I know that in this life we are not guaranteed one more day in this life, I still have a few things that I would love to do. Career-wise, I would love to be a middle school math teacher. With sharing my personal love for math, I hope to show others that math isn't always frustrating and that once you understand the concept, it is so exciting! In the few first years within graduating from Western Oregon University with my undergraduate degree in teaching, I hope to either get a job right away or to get my Masters and make my resume more full.
Almost every 6-year-old little girl reads fairy tales and loves the part of the story where the handsome prince sweeps the princess off their feet and they live a 'happily ever after'. As an almost 22-year-old young woman, I now know that my expectations were unrealistic. But, I am still excited to be a wife, to be someone's best friend, to share your inner thoughts without being judged, to feel so comfortable. With this special person that I find, I hope to have children. I don't know how many, maybe two or three, maybe more, maybe less. How ever many children God gives me, I will be more than happy to have. I hope to be a great mother, teaching my children how to live a life full of God's word!

I hope to live a life not based around having comfort of my own but of helping others. Those who have a roof over their head, running water for a shower, food and clothes are in 20% of the world! There is so much we can do if we help with things that aren't necessary. I am not saying to become a hippie, but to use what I need, with some rare luxuries, and to help others with the rest!

I would like to be involved in my church. Right now I am just attending and taking notes during the service, but I would love to be a volunteer secretary in the office or to help out in the childrens' ministry.

Other activities I would be fortunate in being a part of are...
  • Vacationing in Greece
  • Going to an underprivelaged country
  • Teaching children on a military base
  • Having a house with a porch swing and a large yard
  • Living near my parents
  • Skydiving
  • Finishing a marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment